A brief history of Unionville Baptist Church:
What is currently known as Unionville Baptist Church held its inaugural service on November 12, 1950 in Steve and Mary's Dance Hall on Steeles Avenue at Kennedy Road in Toronto.
On May 16, 1952, contruction began on a new church building while the congregation continued to worship, first in a chicken house, and then for several years in the basement of the new church under construction. On November 9, 1959, the new church, Milliken Baptist Church, was declared officially open.
In 1985 the congregation purchased our current building in Markham from Unionville Alliance Church and our name was officially changed to Unionville Baptist Church. Two daughter churches, Bayfair Baptist Church in Pickering, and Wallace Memorial Baptist Church in Scarborough, began from this congregation.
Throughout its history, our vision has remained constant - "to preach the Gospel and to disciple people in the ways of the Lord".
In October 2005 Unionville Baptist Church welcomed Christopher Myers as our third senior pastor to minister at this location. On November 7, 2010, Unionville Baptist Church celebrated its 60th year of ministry with a reunion of current and former members at a special anniversary service and fellowship luncheon.
Reverend Myers was ordained in Unionville, Markham, Ontario in October 2011. Since Pastor Chris began his ministry here we have grown from 60 to 100 people Sunday mornings, but what we really seek is spiritual growth that can only be obtained by knowing God more deeply and in His wisdom applying that knowledge to our everyday living - infusing faith into practice.